Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My name is Sarah, and I'm a knitting masochist

I am the kind of knitter that has 1000 projects planned.

I have 100 UFOs. I have a healthy stash, and plans for every last scrap.


Hell, I'm the kind of knitter still working on last year's Christmas gifts in May. Every year I swear that I will never again commit to any sort of deadline knitting.

Yeah, right.


I'm the kind of knitter with a problem. I have a knitting problem and it has grown beyond my control.


That is why, when Chris and Stephanie gently nudged me to sign up for my second Sockapalooza, I told them, "Probably not. I'm way behind right now."

That is also why, when they asked, "Are you sure?"

I said, "Oh, what the hell. I'll do it!"


Now, don't get me wrong, folks. I'm not the sort of person who would ever-EVER- flake on a sock pal. I love to figure out what my pal might like the most. I love to match pattern to yarn. I love the mystery of what I might receive.

So the juggling act begins. I got a strong early start, so hopefully I'll put this baby to bed with plenty of time to spare. Then I can get back to my 3 year old UFOs.

1 comment: